Spa810 Re-opening Guidelines
At spa810, we take the health and wellbeing of our team and clients very seriously so we wanted to let you have an update with our revised policies and procedures. These reasonably practical steps allow us to ensure you can still enjoy the range of treatments on offer at spa810 in a COVID-19 Secure environment.
We have already taken the following steps at the spa:
- A thorough, NHS-standard and certified deep-cleansing and sanitisation process of the entire premises which firstly decontaminates all our used areas such as reception, treatment rooms, toilets and team room and is then followed by a full fogging process using a powerful germicide and sanitiser to sterilise the site. The sprayed product produces a mist to ensure appropriate dwell time and as it is fogged, it envelops furnishings and clings to surfaces resulting in a thorough application which does not need to be wiped off or hand cleaned.
- Removed all non-essential magazines, promotional material and any other handout material that is typically available.
- Removed the self-serve botanical water refreshment. Bottled water will be available on request.
- Storing away all tester units for future use and/or safely disposing of them.
- Installed a Perspex shield at the reception desk to provide a barrier between our clients and team members.
- Installed floor-signage to help remind clients about the need to social distance when entering the spa.
- Included a Covid-19 Consent Form as part of the e-documentation that needs to be completed prior to any consultations and treatments. This will additionally be emailed with our Appointment Confirmation and Appointment Reminder emails.
For our clients safety, we will be temperature testing all members of our team who are due to work in the spa on a daily basis and asking them to stay at home should they be displaying any of the symptoms as indicated by the Government that may well relate to Coronavirus.
So as to actively mitigate against the risk of transmission at the spa, we have installed a Perspex shield at the Reception desk which provides a physical barrier between yourself and the team. Floor signage has also been installed to help remind clients about their social distancing responsibilities.
Those working in and around reception will be equipped with face masks and gloves and will be carrying out regular cleaning of common ‘touch points’ such as door handles, iPads, counter-tops and payment machine. Hand sanitiser will be provided at reception and in each treatment room for use by all our clients on arrival. Clients will be offered a mask on arrival to wear of appropriate for their treatment.
Our therapists have been provided with KN95 medical-standard face masks, disposable aprons, full-facial visors and gloves to wear when conducting the treatments.
All our treatments can be performed as we are taking the following measures to safeguard clients and therapists as follows:
- Therapists will be wearing medical-standard face masks and full face visors, gloves, and disposable aprons during the treatments. Clients will also be provided with face masks and, depending on the treatment and area of the body, full face visors as well.
- Disposable couch roll will be used on the beds and towels will be laundered after each treatment.
- Therapists will change into their own clothes on site before and after their shifts.
We really want you to feel relaxed and able to enjoy your treatment with us. To help safeguard your health and wellbeing, we’ve undertaken the following amendments to our procedures:
- Staggering the start of appointment times to reduce the numbers of clients using the public areas on their way to/from their treatment room and reception.
- Allowing time between each treatment to ensure the room can be fully cleaned and PPE requirements are replenished.
- We will call your mobile phone just prior to your appointment to advise the treatment room is ready thereby minimising time spent at reception.
- Should they be needed, we have two seating areas on different floors which allow us to maintain social distancing for clients.
- A request for clients to only bring with them any personal belongings that are essential and that they are unaccompanied for their treatment
- All treatments will be paid for in advance with payments taken over the phone to avoid time at reception and any likelihood of congestion. A member of the team will help handle any retail products purchased.
- Please be aware that on arrival our therapist we will take clients’ temperature using an FDA-approved non-contact thermometer.
Please also be aware that we will be asking all clients when making bookings the following:
- Have you had contact with anyone with suspected COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Have you had any of these symptoms in the last 14 days?
- Fever greater than 37.5℃
- Difficulty breathing
- Body ached
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
If you have any treatment safety concerns with regards to Covid-19 please do not hesitate to contact us on 01423 590 810